the UK operates a points-based immigration system. To sponsor a visa for a foreign worker, an employer needs to have a sponsor licence from the UK government. Once the employer has this, they can issue a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to the foreign worker, who can then apply for a visa.
UK companies across numerous sectors sponsor visas for foreign workers. The most common sectors include:
- Tech: Many tech companies in the UK, especially in cities like London and Manchester, sponsor visas for roles like software engineers, data scientists, and IT consultants.
- Finance and Banking: London, being one of the world’s leading financial centres, has many financial institutions and banks that sponsor visas, particularly for roles such as financial analysts, investment bankers, and financial consultants.
- Healthcare: The National Health Service (NHS) is known to sponsor visas for roles like nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals.
- Engineering and Manufacturing: Many engineering and manufacturing companies sponsor visas for roles like mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and project managers.
- Education: Many universities and educational institutions sponsor visas for academic positions, like professors, researchers, and lecturers.
- Hospitality: Hotels and restaurants sometimes sponsor visas for roles like chefs, hotel managers, and restaurant managers.
Remember, job availability and visa sponsorship are subject to change and are heavily influenced by the current economic climate, immigration rules, and government policy. It’s important to verify the current situation when you’re considering applying for jobs with visa sponsorship in the UK.
Here are a few job search platforms and resources where you can find job opportunities in the UK that might offer visa sponsorship:
- LinkedIn: You can filter jobs by location and even use “Visa Sponsorship” as a keyword in your job search.
- Indeed: Indeed UK might have listings where employers are open to sponsoring visas.
- Glassdoor: Similar to LinkedIn and Indeed, you can use “Visa Sponsorship” as a keyword in your job search.
- Tech Nation Visa: If you’re in the tech industry, the Tech Nation Visa is worth checking out. It’s a UK work visa designed specifically for leaders and potential leaders in digital technology.
- UK Government Website: The UK government website provides an up-to-date list of UK employers who are licensed to sponsor visas.
Remember to always double-check with the company about their ability and willingness to sponsor a visa. Just because a company is able to sponsor a visa does not always mean they will for every position